Thomas
Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE
3090273

2002 Ford f350: wont start..Full charge, brand new starter today.

Customer Question

2002 Ford F350 7.3 diesel won't start. Full charge, brand new starter today. Ignition turn gets all accessories but no click from engine. Any idea?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today. There are 2 wires to the starter i big 1 small. The big should have power constantly the small should have power in the start position? Does it have power as it should? Auto trans or manual?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is a automatic. the previous starter had a been loose and the smaller part where the wires connect was loose due to the two phillips screws backing out and not holding the housing to the starter.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
If you don't have power as you should check your fuses 51 and 31 in the fuse panel under the dash. Here is the diagram of the system. graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is power to the starter. I cannot find the light green and violet wire from the starter as it is not there. what are the chances the remanufactured starter i bought was not functional? If that's the case, i smell an ass kicking coming to an O'Reilly's employee.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I hear you that would not be good... On the starter there is not a small stud with a nut that is a 8mm or so next to the big one? Like th one in this pic the small nut and stud with the little metal connector is the one I am looking for on yours.