John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

2005 ford escape limited: rear passenger wheel well rusted..warranty

I have a 2005 ford escape limited and the rear passenger wheel well rusted through completely such that the shock absorber has broke loose. Doesn't ford have a 10 year body rust warranty?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.

Ford's rust thru warranty is for 5 years from the original date of sale, however, you can contact you local dealer and discuss this with them and they may offer to help you with it. I know for a fact that they will not cover the complete repair, but if you are a good customer (they judge this by how many new vehicles you have bought from Ford and your service history) They just may offer you assistance. The only 10 year Ford has out is on the diesel engine warranty.

If you don't have much luck with your local dealer you can contact Ford directly, there consumer relationship hotline number is 800-392-3673.

If you have any more questions or need more assistance with this issue, just respond and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you and have a great day.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I find it hard to believe that my escape is the only one with this issue, just like when my front brake lines on both side cracked and broke... I must have gotten one from a bad day at the factory... I would hav to guess this to be a $1000.00 body work job to replace the wheel well and shock mount - yes?
I don't perform body repairs, so I really cannot estimate the cost of the repair. I really would not wish to even try without seeing the vehicle. I have seen a few that had a lot of rust. Mostly from the ocean areas where I live. We also do a lot of brake line repairs here too. Like I said, I cannot make the call on this one, I can only give you information on how to get some possible assistance with the repairs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So why is it that my question wasn't sent to a ford body and fender guy?
M
Oat of here are Ford senior master techs. I have been one for over. 10 years. I understand fords warranty and policy very well and am a certified warranty administrator as well. The problem is that without seeing the rust thru damage no one could give a accurate estimate of repair. There is always the chance of it needing more than what you can see needing to be replaced. The information I have given you will give you the best chance of getting assistance from ford. The body shop manager cannot approve this repair, the district rep for your area will be the one who will say yes or no on this one.