Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

what is code p2463 and code po40d for 2008 f550 6.4

Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name isXXXXX the P040d is usually the egr temp sensor is bad, this will cause a lack of power, the 2463 is for soot accumulation in the DPF filter, I would repair the P040d code first then see if the 2463 remains, the vehicle may need to be driven to burn the ash accumulation that is in the dpf filter to clear the 2463, here are the code descriptions, any more questions just ask, thanks Steve W

Here is for code 2463
Description
The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the
diesel particulate filter for a very high restriction. The test fails during
normal vehicle operation when the diesel particulate filter pressure is greater
than a maximum amount. The PCM immediately illuminates the malfunction indicator
lamp (MIL), limits engine performance, and sets the DTC. This DTC may inhibit
the diesel particulate filter regeneration.
Possible
Causes

• Excessive amount of soot or ash in the diesel particulate
    filter
  • Diagnostic
    Aids

Excessive amount of soot or ash in the diesel
    particulate filter may be caused by extended engine idle operation after the
    DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST message is displayed on the instrument cluster. Refer to
    the Owner's Literature for additional information on the instrument cluster
    DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST message.
    Check for other DTCs.

Here is code P040d
    Description
    When the EGRT sensor signal is higher than the
    specified value, an increment counter advances until the DTC is
    set.
    Possible
    Causes

• EGCIT circuit short to voltage

• EGCIT circuit open

• EGRT sensor
  • Diagnostic
    Aids

This DTC is set when the EGRT sensor signal
    voltage is greater than 4.65 volts for greater than 5 seconds
    Scott W., Ford Technician
    Experience: 28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.