sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Certified Ford master technician since 2001
31670004

ford focus 2006 2.lt remove and replace auto transmission [aust]

Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Do you require the instructions to remove and refit the transmission? If so have you the VIN of the car? If you don't want to give the VIN which engine is fitted? Also is the transmission the 4F27E transmission?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I would like instruction to remove and refit transmission ,VINAFACXXMJDC6T01317 YEAR 2006 sorry don't know if the tranmission is the 4F27E hope you can help
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello again, the transmission is a 4 speed auto Vandyke transmission which here in the UK is a 4F27E.

To start with remove the engine upper cover (if fitted) then the air filter housing, battery and battery tray. Depending on how you're going to support the engine you may need to remove the headlights to fit the support, this is how the Ford tool fits. Disconnect the electrical connectors where they clip on the transmission dipstick tube, as shown.

graphic

Disconnect the earth wire from the transmission as shown.

graphic

You then unfasten the top transmission bolts,

graphic

Disconnect the fluid cooler lines and the electrical connector from the transmission and disconnect the turbine speed sensor as shown.

graphic

You then need to be under the car, remove the undertray (if fitted), disconnect the transmission range sensor as shown.

graphic

Disconnect the gear cable, remove the floor brace and the rear transmission roll restricter. Remove the starter motor and driveshafts.

Disconnect the output shaft sensor, you then need to support the engine and transmission assembly, below is how the Ford tool works.

graphic

You may have to use an alternative method.

Remove the rear engine mounting bolt, and bracket, then lower the engine slightly, turn the crank so you can access the torque converter nuts through the starter motor holes, then remove the remaining transmission bolts as shown.

graphic

graphic

graphic

You can then remove the transmission from underneath, it is very heavy.

Let me know if I can assist further or you need clarification on any point.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Certified Ford master technician since 2001