Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  11 yrs at FLM Dealer, Senior Master Tech 05-present, ASE Master tech, Auto trans & Diesel
49638932

F350: has 4 aux switches..such as a lamp, a charger..electrical power

Customer Question

MY F350 DULLAY has 4 AUX switches. I am trying to figure out how to connect them, and just what I can use them for. I was thinking i could create a power port in the truck bed and plug things into such as a lamp, a charger, or a inflator for portable mattersses, etc...

How much electrical power can they potentially provide?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 4 years ago.

Hi I would like to help you out. These upfitter switches are already fused and wired to relays, there is a power output wire that is blunt cut under the drivers side of the dash that you can tap into there. Two of the switches are wired for 30 amp circuits and one is wired for 10 amp and one for 15amp circuits. You can choose to wire them to whatever you wish just make sure they are not drawing more amps than what the switch and circuit is capable of or else the fuse will blow. Below Ive attached all the info related to the upfitter switches, it shows pictures and give the wire colors, locations, amp ratings, and diagrams. Scroll down because it covers 05-07 models first and then 2008 models after. Thanks

Attachment: 2012-06-07_211205_upfitter.pdf

Expert:  Mat replied 4 years ago.
Hi I'm just doing a follow up. I see you viewed your answer. Did you have any further questions?