Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2001 Ford Windstar: shop replace a window motor..LX minivan

how much does it cost to have a shop replace a window motor in a 2001 Ford Windstar LX minivan
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

The Power Window Motor sells for around $105 and the labor time guide calls for 1.1 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Shop around, and find a reputable shop that warranty their parts and labor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it necessary to go to a Ford Service place to have this done, and will the price vary if I go to a non-Ford mechanic? Thanks.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Definitely NO need to go to the Ford Dealer. Any local shop can do this job without any problems. Local shops will ALWAYS be cheaper than the Ford Dealer, with both parts and labor. And most local shops warranty their parts and labor.