Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

blower fan..engage..Have checked fuses in the Power Distribution box

Customer Question

Front blower fan not working on 1994 e150 (rear fan is working). A/C does not engage either (maybe because the fan is not working??). Have checked fuses in the Power Distribution box and they are OK. Have replaced the blower switch on the console and the blower motor relay just behind the battery on the drivers side. Blower still does not work. Thinking it could be the blower motor resistor but not sure. Don't really want to do a lot of electrical trouble shooting - was hoping it may just be a part that could easily be replaced. Would like to know where the blower motor resistor is located and what else could be causing this problem. Thought I would try to replace the blower motor resistor but would like to know if there are other things to check. Thanks!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daryl replied 2 years ago.
If the high blower does not work I would say the resister is not the problem the high speed has nothing to do with the blower resister. So I would start at the blower motor and see if there is power and ground, if both are present the blower motor is bad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you recommend how to test to see if there is power and ground at the blower motor?
Expert:  Daryl replied 2 years ago.
You can use a 12 volt tester or you can use a 12 volt light bulb with a socket and 2 wire connected to it connect the 2 wire too the wires to the blower motor if both power and ground are present the light bulb should light.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more question. If the blower motor is bad will the Air Conditioner compressor engage? I noticed that the compressor does not engage when I switch it to the air conditioner setting on the control panel.
Expert:  Daryl replied 2 years ago.
No the blower not running would not cause the AC to not come on, you might look at fuse 9 on the interior fuse panel it is for the heater AC controller if it is bad it can cause the fan and the AC to not come on, if the fuse is good I would check to see if there is voltage to that fuse.
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience: 28 years experience, Master Mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - thanks for your help. I did check Fuse 9 and it was good. Looks like my problem may need more trouble shooting. I'll keep working on it!
Expert:  Daryl replied 2 years ago.
Ok good luck, if you need more help just ask.