Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master
11302663

2003 ford taurus: my anti..my car start and i can not find my key pad

i have a 2003 ford taurus and my anti left system isnt let my car start and i can not find my key pad
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

greetings,

let me know if the theft light is flashing when the ignition key is on. If you have another ignition key try it.

These keys have transponders that send signals to the receiver. This sends the code to the instrument cluster and then waits for the PCM to verify and enable the vehicle to start. Keys need to be programmed into the system, advanced scanner like the dealers needed.

let me know how it works

good luck

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
second key didnt work theft light comes on when you turn ignition on for 10 seconds and goes off also the gas gauge does not go to empty when yu turn the car off
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

if the theft light goes out there is a good chance the theft system is not the problem. We need to make sure the battery has 12 volts or is fully charged. Next we need to test for power at the starter. we can use a test light or multi meter. we need 12 volts at the large terminal on the starter and 12 volts when the key is turned to start on the smaller terminal.

make sure the vehicle is in park. You can even try to start the vehicle in neutral, sometimes works if the trans range sensor is off or failing. When you turn the ignition key on tell me if you hear the fuel pump. If we have power at the starter you can try to bang on the starter, sometimes this restores good contacts and the engine will start.

let me know what you find

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hey we go it started the car was stolen friday and they changed the tire when they put the flat back into the trunk they must of hit the side and trigered thr fuel shut off switch because it was on we reset it and car runs ok how will need to take to shop or contact you tomorrow for follow up because the ckeck engin light is now on

Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.
did not know the engine was cranking. great, let me know the codes. Most parts places will scan for free.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your answers were fine if i accept now can i get more answers tomorro without anouther charge
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your answers were fine if i accept now can i get more answers tomorro without anouther charge your answers made me think more witch ledv me to thev fuel shut off switch thanks
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

no problem. I will be at the dealer tomorrow but I check in during the day.

thank you