Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

how do i replace the evap. temp. sensore on my 4cyl 09 ford fusion?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-Why are you replacing the sensor?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would turn the air conditioning on and no cold air would shoot out. i checked for a leak and there were none. I did jump the compressor and it worked. I then ...

took my fusion into a Ford Dealer Repair center. they ran a diagnostic and the result they said was that the vehicle needed a new evap. temp. sensor.

ive bought the evap temp sensor and this is where i am. i have not attempted to change it yet without guidance.

Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
Ok, no problem. I have Instructions, if you need I can send them to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes please, thank you very much
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. This is a big job, the sensor is located on the evaporator housing behind the dash. The instructions are below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

Please understand, the information I am sending you is not available to the public, and is very costly.

Also keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system, I have sent the information you have requested, and if the answer has been helpful then Please make sure that I may get credit for my work. If you need more help let me know.

Air Conditioning (A/C) Evaporator Discharge Air Temperature Sensor Replacement Instructions Click here

Instrument Panel Removal Instructions Click Here

Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The additional info is below. (just click on the links below).

Steering Wheel

Driver Air Bag Module

Console — Floor

Selector Lever Knob — 2.3L, 3.0L

A-Pillar Trim Panel

Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
I have sent you the information you have requested, please don't forget to click on the accept answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.