proautotech
proautotech, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572
Ford

2009 ford escape: light is on indicating to check feul inlet cap

2009 ford escape, light is... Show More
2009 ford escape, light is on indicating to check feul inlet cap. Ideas on what I might try to repair?
Category: Ford
replied 4 years ago.

proautotech :

Thank you for choosing Justanswer,

proautotech :

Warning Lamp/Message Center
If the Check Fuel Fill Inlet lamp or Check Fuel Fill Inlet message comes on, the fuel fill inlet may not have properly closed. The inlet may have stuck open or debris may be preventing the inlet rom fully closing. At the next opportunity, safely pull off the road, turn off the engine, open the fuel filler door and remove any visible debris from the fuel fill opening. Insert either the fuel fill nozzle or the fuel fill funnel provided with the vehicle several times to dislodge any debris and/or allow the inlet to close properly. If this action corrects the problem, the Check Fuel Fill Inlet lamp or Check Fuel Fill Inlet message may not reset immediately. It may take several driving cycles for he Check Fuel Fill Inlet lamp or Check Fuel Fill Inlet message to turn off. A driving cycle consists of an engine start-up (after four or more hours with the engine off) followed by city/highway driving. Continuing to drive with the Check Fuel Fill Inlet lamp or Check Fuel Fill Inlet message on may cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to turn on as well. The fuel system may be under pressure. Insert the fuel filler nozzle slowly; otherwise, fuel may spray out and injure you or others.

proautotech :

This is directly from ford PDF

proautotech :

I am giving you a copy of the write-up

JACUSTOMER-yfd01g1e- :
proautotech :

I am here

proautotech :

Do you need further assistance with this matter?

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I have already let it set and driven several times light has not went off. See nothing around lid that would affect its closing. Do not want pay for wait and see.
proautotech, Ford Mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Ok. You can remove the battery cables for about 5-7 minutes than reconnect. Or you can have auto zone or other parts store with the free code reader reset the check engine light. The information provided is directly from ford. Although it seems slow it may take several times to reset it without doing it manually
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but there is no helpful information here to resolve my problem.
I am concerned that you didn't perform the steps in the above information accurate to the text. This is all the possible issues as per FORD. You may need to have the inlet replaced. I am sorry to hear this information was not helpful. I have done everything on my end possible. Please let me know if I can do anything else.