Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

how to bleed air from the fuel line

how to bleed air from the fuel line
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Where are you getting the air?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i changed one of the fuel lines
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
The fuel system on your Ford Ranger dosnt require bleeding, you only have to crank the engine a few time as the fuel is under pressure. It usually take a few tries but it should start if the pressure is right (32 to 45 PSI).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have attempted cranking the engine six times. It will run one or two seconds on the fifth attempt. Do i continue cranking after the battery is charged?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
It really should have started by now, the next step is to install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port and check your pressure, you need to see 32 to 45 PSI.