Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

f-250: s rough, i hook..only codes came..cylinder missfire

My 02and f-250 idle's rough, i hook up a computer to it the only codes came up was output shaft speed censer and #8 cylinder missfire.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. What is the 8th digit of your vin so I know what engine you have? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
This engine has a coil on plug system which means each cylinder has its own coil...The problem you have is most likely a bad coil...To verify the coil is bad swap cylinder 8 coil with another cylinder to see if misfire changes cylinders if so replace coil...#8 is located on the rear drivers side of engine. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So does the out put shaft speed censor have to do anything with the idle and if bad does it cause the cole packs to miss read.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
If the engine is not turning correctly because of the misfire then the output speed can change causing light so if they both happened at same time coil should take care of both problems. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.