john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

2002 f150: maf sensor is in the air cleaner housing..throttle body i

p1121 code on a 2002 f150 4.2 i have replaced both the maf and tp sensors the maf sensor is in the air cleaner housing and the tp sensor was on the side of the throttle body i still have the code and truck has no power when acclerating
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 2 years ago.

Hi I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.
john aka eauto

start for checking for leaks at the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body and the whole air tube likley it has a crack or leak

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok no cracks in air tube found a crack vac hose going to throttle body replaced it. started engine and sprayed carb cleaner all around to find leaks no leaks found. I cleared the check engine light a drove the truck runs a little better light did not come back on but am still getting the p1121 code any new ideas.
Is the mass air flow in correct And tight?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
maf sensor is in air tube and there is an arrow on top that says air flow the arrow is pointintg towards engine I hope that is correct
Yes that's correct. Let me dig. All the tests for you. Give me a little bit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks i read on a ford foorum not to trust aftermarket tp sensors only to use motorcraft any input
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also when driving the truck and accelerating hard pedal all the way to the floor it does not appear the transmission is going to a pasing gear or down shifting truck accelerats slowly the p1121 is the only code coming up on scanner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do have a scan tool so I can get freeze frame data but dont know what to do with it I saw on a different post someone with same problem was asked for freeze frame data
did you use factory maf and tps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no purchased from autozone
all the tests on the flow chart point to the mas air flow and or tps...I would get factory parts..
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: ase tech over 15 years in the field
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I read somewhere else about not using aftermarket tp sensor would you suggest replacing the tp and or both