Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician

P1670 WHATS THIS CODE AND WHAT IS THE FIX

Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,

P1670 is communication error between the PCM(powertrain control module) and the IDM(injector driver module)

1. Check fuel pressure for 50 PSI or greater.

2. In DATA, monitor engine RPM during engine cranking for greater than 150. Monitor Injection Control Pressure (ICP) for greater than 500 PSI and the Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) for an initial starting value of 15% and increasing as cranking continues.

3. If all OK, gain access to the Injector Driver Module (IDM). Remove the connector and using 2 jumper wires and a sealed beam headlamp, connect headlamp to terminals 14, Dark Green/Light Green of the IDM connector for the power source and 26, Black/Pink of the connector for the headlamp ground. Cycle the ignition key on to energize the IDM relay and check headlamp for bright illumination. If dim or not lit, check IDM relay operation and for possible wiring concern from the engine compartment fuse box to the IDM.

5. If good illumination, replace defective IDM.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
JUST HAD COMPUTER REBUILT, WOULD RUN BUT WAS SETTING CODE PO122, TRACE PROBLEM TO COMPUTER, NOTE SAID, CHECK HARNESS FOR BLOCKAGE DUE TO CONNECTION ISSUES. REPLACED PROCESSOR FOR PO122 CODE.WILL NOT START AND AP READ 0.00 VOLTS. HAVE NOT TROUBLE SHOOT YET. PO1670 WAS NOT IN SCANNER TROUBLESHOOTER. WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,

Ok, so this code was not present before the PCM was rebuilt and is now showing this code, correct?

Possibly a wiring harness issue, but I would suspect bad rebuild on the PCM first.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO - IT WOULD START, ONLY CODE PO122, CHECK VOLTAGE AT PIN 89 WHICH IS SIGNAL VOLTAGE FROM ETC, 0.00 AT TIMES, MOVE WIRE VOLTAGE OK. OHMED WIRE
0.0, REPLACED WIRE. NOTHING. PUSH OR PULL WIRE AT COMPUTER VOLTAGE CHANGES, HAD COMPUTER REBUILT, PIN OR SOMETHING LOOSE. NOW WILL NOT START. STILL HAVE CODE PO122 AND NEW CODE P1670. HAVING A BAD DAY!!!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,

If you are doing the work, then you have bent a pin, pinched a wire, or broke a pin, or as I said before, they didnt rebuild the PCM correctly and the problem lies in the PCM still.

Check all the pins, all wiring at the PCM and repair as needed. If ok, send PCM back for rebuild again as it is the -problem

.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician