Repair1014U
Repair1014U, Repair Shop Ower
Experience:  Diagnosticas & Electrical
60340645

Ford F150: driver side window regulator..again...windows work

Ford F150 that the driver side window regulator is not working again.. I opened the door and the window went down. All the other windows work on the switch. Took the door panel off and the window is stuck down. Do I need to replace the regulator?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Repair1014U replied 2 years ago.

welcome to Just Answer.

First it sounds like you could have a bad connection in the wiring. You need to check the wiring. If you jump the window motor with jumper wires if the window works then it is the switch, it doesn't work then could be the motor or regulator.

Please let me know if you need more help.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are jumper wires
Small wire connect one to the positive side and the negative to the other side of the motor, and hook the ends to a power pack or the battery.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not the regulator as it worked. In Order to get the window up I reversed the wires and once I turned the car on the window went up automatically without pushing any button. It will not go down, so does this mean the switch is bad? All the other windows work on the switch.
I would check the connections on that button switch that is not working. In many cases one window will not work. In some cases there is moisture or it may have be wet at one time.

Let me know if you need more help.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked all of that and found nothing abnormal that I can see. Would you replace the switch?
Yes I would if the motor and regulator are ok replace the switch. Sorry for the delay had to go eat dinner. Thanks
Repair1014U, Repair Shop Ower
Experience: Diagnosticas & Electrical