CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Ford Escape: windshield wiper..nut from the attaching arm..threaded

Hello....2011 Ford Escape....my rear windshield wiper arm asembly was broken off. I obtained a replacement and was directed to remove the nut from the attaching arm. I did but I cannot seem to remove the existing arm stub from the threaded post. I am afraid if I use too much pressure I will break the glass or the motor mount...Is there an easy way to remove the exist. arm bracket
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 4 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

I would say the easiest way to remove the arm from the stud as it is pressed on, is use a puller tool called simply a " wiper arm remover". Any local parts store should have this tool for about $10 and this would be the best way to do the job. They may even be able to rent the tool too you for a couple dollars.