John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

2008 FORD EXPLORER: im GETTING A WARNING

IM GETTING A WARNING ON MY 2008 FORD EXPLORER WHICH SAYS "SERVICE RSC NOW" DEALER SAY MAYBE SENSOR PROBLEMS. pLEASE HELP.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 2 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

I see you are having trouble with your "service rsc now" light and chime. Give me a minute so I can type out some information on this problem.

John Mc :

f

John Mc :

The most common issue to cause this on these trucks is a sensor on the master cylinder. Unfortunately there are a lot of parts on this system and most of them are pretty expensive. If you have a light and chime you will definately have a trouble code and a scanner should pick this up. If the dealer can't tell you what is causing your light you need another dealer to look at it because this should be obvious when scanned. I wouldn't want you replacing anything unless you get it scanned first so you wouldn't waste money on parts not needed. Only way to be sure you are fixing the problem.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.

John Mc :

Also, remember you are a subscription customer, accepting does not cost you anything extra!

Customer:

Thanks John Mc. I have been given a quote for $1500.00 to replace. So, yes you are correct when you say it is expensive. would it be a good idea to ignore it for now, will it cause more damage? $1500.00 is not in my future right now.

John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience: 19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
Expert:  John Mc replied 2 years ago.
If you have any further questions just come back to the link in this email!

I'm always glad to help.
John Mc