AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

Ford F350 Super Duty: The upfitter switches wiring under the

The upfitter switches wiring under the dash does not match the color coding in my manual for those switches. They ae all different. How do I determine which is for those 4 switches.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AlvinC replied 2 years ago.

Hi this is Al, If you are using the wires under the steering column you are trying to use the body builder wiring not the up fitter switches. The up fitter wires are near the center of the dash behind the radio and heater controls. Here is the wiring diagram. Please note 2 are 30 amp 1 is 10 amp and 1 is 15 amp. Make sure to use the right one for the device being hooked up. I hope this helps, if not let me know, Al

Click here for diagram

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Al:

There are no exposed wires out of any loom in that location. So, I am right where I started. Any other advice?

Expert:  AlvinC replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I personally went and looked at a lot truck. If you look under the dash above and to the right a little of the parking brake release cable you will see a wiring harness with wires taped to it, Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We went in a circle. That is the wiring I said in the first instance that none of the color coding matches the switch coding. And they don't.

Where are the upfitter switch wires?

Expert:  AlvinC replied 2 years ago.
Like I said you found the body builder wires that is a group of 6-8 wires just behind the data link connector, you need to look higher up into the dash and to the left of those wires and you will find a group of 4 wires taped with white labeled tape to a harness. Look higher in the dash and to the left. I went to a lot truck and found them just to make sure I was giving you the right info, Al
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience: With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel