rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2006 Ford Escape: Idling..your ridning a bike..die..Torque Converter

Customer Question

My 2006 Ford Escape is having problems Idling and it sounds like when your ridning a bike and you put a pice of plastic in the wheen to make it hit....(If that helps any) It also will die if put in to reverse or drive and you dont push on the gas. And when in reverse it has very little power. I have been reading online about the Torque Converter going out on this year model but when I take it to a transmission place they can find what is wrong. Any Ideas and is their a cheaper solution than getting my transmission replaced?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 years ago.

rpmdiag :

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems, I will do my best to research this and supply you with an accurate answer ASAP. This sounds like you jumped time, check the compression readings to confirm this. Thanks, Ron