Repair1014U, Repair Shop Ower
Experience:  Diagnosticas & Electrical

2001 Escape: Radio works in park..Shift to drive/reverse, radio quits.

Customer Question

2001 Escape. Radio works in park. Shift to drive/reverse, radio quits. Apply brakes radio works again until brakes are released. While driving with radio not working if shift to neutral radio resumes working, shift back to drive, radio quits. Ideas? Thanks Jim
Category: Ford
Expert:  Repair1014U replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.

You need to check the interior fuse and the accessory relay in the junction box in the engine compartment.

Here is the location it might be the delay accessory or just accessory.

Please let me know if this was not the problem.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My wife took the car this AM. I'll try to get to it this afternoon. Thanks.
Ok I will be in and out today. thank you and please let me know if it did or didn't work. Have a great day
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My wife said it didn't do it this AM so I suspect it was either a stuck relay (which may happen again) or maybe it has to do with a moisture problem because we had a hard rain Monday night and the Escape was not in the garage as it usually is. I guess we;ll have to wait to see if it happens again. Thanks for your assistance. I'm going to accept your answer, it appears to be a good place to start. Jim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It hasn't done it again and the Escape has been garaged every night since, sooooo, as the fuse panel is located on the kick panel next to the driver's door, I'm going to assume it was some kind of moisture problem that went away as soon as the vehicle dried out.

Yes at night there is so much moisture in the air, if it is not doing it while in the garage then it is a moisture problem on the electrical system.

Thank you so much for letting know.