AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel

1991 F250: dtc..egr valve does not move..engine runs..position sensor

1991 F250 5.8L has a persistent DTC of 327. EGR valve does not move when engine runs. EGR is new as is the valve position sensor. Manifold vacuum is verified to the EVR solenoid and solenoid can be activated manually by jumper wires - EGR then moves and EVP senses it. Wiring harness verified from EVR solenoid to ECM. Is there anything left other than the ECM?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AlvinC replied 4 years ago.
Hi this is Al, There were 3 different EVP sensors that would fit on that EGR valve. The code is for EVP below minimum voltage. If the wrong sensor was installed you will get this code, If an aftermarket sensor was installed you most likely got the wrong one. Your best bet to get the right one is to look in the drivers door jam for the calibration label, it will be a small white label with numbers on it like 01-R14A (example). Have you local dealer look the sensor up by calibration number and you can get the right one. I hope this helps, if not let me know, Al
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Makes some sense. As part of the troubleshooting I did find a vacuum line obstruction to the EGR but not before the sensor was replaced. It is possible that the vacuum line was the original problem and it got complicated with a wrong sensor. I won't know for sure until I can get to a dealer tomorrow. If that is the case it sure saves me from buying an ECM.
Expert:  AlvinC replied 4 years ago.
Let me know how it turns out, Al