Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 ford f150: blower has quit working completely.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford f150. the blower has quit working completely. I took it to a mechanic. They ran a diagnostics test and decided it could only be a bad fuse panel after finding that the blower motor and resistor still work. After changing out the fuse panel there was no difference. They returned the truck saying the did not know what was wrong with it. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

I'm Chris, thats me on the bottom left. I work here & another job. I am not online all day. So please understand I sometimes can't reply immediately.

Follow the tests in the below Ford image.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wyz045ad4wzdqlh

Start with this and tell me the results or tell me if you get in a bind.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We tested both of the wires indicated. There was no power in either of the BR-YE or the ground BR-WH. We noticed that there is no illumination on the climate module buttons. They only thing that lights is the digital panel displaying the temperature setting and the fan level.

You now need to check the blower relay to see why there is no power for the blower by removing the relay and checking the inputs when the blower is commanded on.

You should see power on pins 30 and 86 and ground on pin 85 see below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?81hvc7vccj4lv4n