Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience

i have a overheating problem on my f350 with 6.0 powerstroke

Customer Question

i have a overheating problem on my f350 with 6.0 powerstroke it is a 04 with 150 thousand mile
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 4 years ago.
Hello, when does it overheat? Also is there any coolant loss? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it seems to overheat at higher speeds and and the guy doing the work on my truck said that there was a little loss of coolant
This could be caused by a couple of different things. First and most likely is a bad thermostat. The other thing that can cause this is a ad water pump. The pump can wear off the blades on the impellor and not pump enough to keep the engine cool. This can happen even with out the pump leaking. Last, you could have head gaskets starting to leak. Leaking head gaskets can be detected with a coolant combustion gas tester.