Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian class A certified
Experience:  Canadian automotive technician.Class "A" certified
25077074

hw to change oil pump in 2000 ford ranger

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.

Canadafix :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Canadafix :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your Ranger.

Canadafix :

To begin, what engine is in it and is it 2 orXXXXX

Customer: XXXXXand it got a 3.0 liter engine
Canadafix :

Hello. Thank you for the reply.

Canadafix :

This is a fairly big job. The book time for an experienced mechanic is over 8 hours.

Customer:

so i got to lift the engine up out of the truck then

Canadafix :

The oil pan needs to be removed. In order to do this, the transmission needs to be disconnected to raise the engine high enough.

Customer:

do i have to take the engine completely out

Canadafix :

There isn't enough clearance otherwise.

Canadafix :

No, the engine only needs to be raised enough to clear the crossmember.

Customer:

so disconnect the tranny and exhaust and i shld be good

Canadafix :

Here is a manual excerpt.

Canadafix :

1. Remove the flywheel or flexplate.

2. Drain the engine oil. Vehicles with coil springs

3. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.

4. Remove the nuts from the engine mounts.

Canadafix :

1. Install the Lifting Eyes, the Three-Bar Engine Support and raise the engine 43 mm (1.72 in.) .

2. Install blocks between the engine mounts and the support brackets. All vehicles

3. Remove the bolts and oil pan.

• Discard the gasket.

Canadafix :

You think they could have allow the 1.72

Canadafix :

' in the design.

Customer:

yea lol

Canadafix :

Is your Ranger a manual or an Auto trans?

Customer:

what is the lifting eyes and three-bar engine support and in is automatic

Canadafix :

The lifting eyes and the bar are for raising the engine. But you can use whatever you have available.

Customer:

o ok

Customer:

and i only got to lift it about 2 inches

Canadafix :

Is there something else I can assist you with this evening?

Customer:

no thats it ty

Canadafix :

Yes, but at 2" it still will be tight squeeze.

Customer:

ok

Canadafix :

If you are satisfied with my assistance to you, please click accept for my answer. Without accepting I do not get reimbursed for my time. Thank you, Bernie

Canadafix, Canadian class A certified
Experience: Canadian automotive technician.Class "A" certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hw do i see if the rear oil seal is bad in 2000 ford ranger

Expert:  Canadafix replied 2 years ago.
Hello.

If you have an oil leak in that area it is difficult to determine if it is the rear of the oil pan or the rear seal.
Did this leak occur after your repair?
If you did not disturb the crank, it may be the pan.

Thank you,
Bernie