Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

2005 ford f150: braking..tps..smooth but has no acc pedal just goes

have a 2005 ford f150 4.6 L just did a plug replacement but was still dying a little when braking, ran diagnostics on computer at auto-zone and showed to be the tps so i replaced it, now truck will start and idle smooth but has no acc pedal just goes to the floor with no rpm change what so ever. what to do ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-What code was retrieved?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure of code just went by what the mechanic said , havent tried anything else just put new tps on and nothing happened , could hold in my hand and truck would do the same, so i tried putting old one back on and still have no pedal but truck truck idles smoothly , craziest thing i ever saw. one mechanic suggested that it could not read the new part and would have to be reprogrammed . i spent all my savings on this truck for my mom to drive since my dad passed away a few months ago, and she has no way to the doctor or grocery store, just dont know what to do.
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Sorry to hear about your father.

-What is the 8th digit of the VIN?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you has been very hard for me, the 8th is a W on my vin.
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. You are very welcome, after the TPS is replaced you must clear the code from the PCM memory, which will require a diagnostic scan tool.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this will give me back my accelerator pedal ?
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Clearing the PCM isnt likely going to fix the problem, the 2005 has known issues with the throttle body failing. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Ford in regards XXXXX XXXXX situation, if you need I can send you a copy of the TSB.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much is the tsb and how will it help me.
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.
There is no additional charge for the TSB, I just need you to click on the accept answer button, so that I get credit for my work. Thanks
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The TSB is below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

CLICK HERE FOR TSB

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where can i buy a Accelerator pedal position sensor for my 2005 ford f150 4.6 L, the sensor only is bad .
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.
You will have to go to the Ford dealer only, sorry.