Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.

Transmission wont go into any gear. It happened very suddenly

Transmission won't go into any gear. It happened very suddenly without warning. There are no metal shavings or anything unusual in the transmission fluid or the pan. I say replace it. My husband says have it diagnosed. I say why bother?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Rmldaytona replied 4 years ago.

Rmldaytona :

Hello. Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm Robert and will give my best efforts in answering your question. These transmissions are common for doing exactly that. They just quit. Usually it is the pump that fails in the transmission. However, there are instances where water gets into the computer and causes this as well. In fact, there are numerous possible reasons for this. The main point here is that before repairing the vehicle, it must be properly diagnosed. Once you know for sure what the problem is, you will know the cost of the repair and you can make your decision as to keeping, scrapping or trading the vehicle in.