John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford E250 Econoline: 2000 e250 van I need a fuse diagram.

Customer Question

2000 e250 van I need a fuse diagram. Van lights are all OK, it's the tail lights on my camper. The brake lights and the turn signals are working on the trailer, only the tail lights on the camper do not work. I have no manual. Is it the fuse panel under the hood, or under the dash. What amp is it, that would help to narrow it down too. Terry 602 (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 2 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

Check fuse 14 in the underhood fuse box. Give me a sec and I'll post a diagram of the box.

John Mc :

Full Size Image

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you
today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be glad
to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come
right back.

Customer :

I must be an idiot and not a mechanic. I do not see where the fuses are numbered. what is the amp on this fuse? That will help to narrow it down for me

John Mc :

Did you see the diagram I posted? It has the fuse you need highlighted. Give me a sec for the amperage.

John Mc :

14 is a 30 amp maxi fuse.

Customer :

My bad.. I did not see the "enlarge" note at first. I enlarged it , printed it out and checked the fuse. It is indeed a 30amp big 2 prong plastic fuse. However it is not burned out or discolored in any way

John Mc :

Ok, hold on.

John Mc :

Ok look at that diagram and find relay D. This is the relay for the rear running lamps. If it is missing or bad it could be causing your problem.

Customer :

I'll take a moment to step outside. that relay could cause a loss of trailer and running lights on the trailer? Is this a dealer item, or can I pick one up this weekend at AUTOZONE, CHECKER, PEP BOYS or such?

John Mc :

Just a basic relay. Should be able to get at any parts store.

John Mc :

That relay supplies power to just the running lights on the trailer.

Customer :

It is there. I guess that I'll have to swap it out to find out for sure. But what about the trailer tail lights?

John Mc :

Ok, by tail lights what are you referring to? The trailer brake lights, the trailer turn lights or the trailer park/running lights?

Customer :

The tail lights on the trailer that come on when I turn on the head lights. You may be calling them running lights. I was calling them tail lights and the amber lights at the top of the camper as running lights

Customer :

The trailer turn signals and the trailer brake lights function fine

John Mc :

Yes those are both on the same circuit. If the relay is bad it could cause this. Also, if you have a test light see if one of the pins on the connector lights up with the headlights on. The wire you are looking for is either brown or brown and white. If it has power the problem is in your trailer and not the truck.

Customer :

Can I suspend this chat for another day or two? I'd like to give you thumbs up on everything, but I'd like to try them out first. I'm not here to screw you, I've got bigger fish to fry

John Mc :

Thats cool.

John Mc :

Just bookmark this page and you can come back whenever you are ready.

Customer :

I cannot do anything tonight as I'm out in the country and everything is closed.

John Mc :

Just so you know if you do accept and need to come back later I am always glad to assist further. This is why I am the number 3 Ford tech on this site :)

John Mc :

No problem.

John Mc :

Just so you know if you come back during the week it may be a few hours before I reply. If I am busy at the dealership sometimes I don't get right on.

Customer :

Well, OK then...............

John Mc :

Sorry, but my dayjob is the real deal.

Customer :

All is well. I'm trying to print out the chat but I cannot seem to. Will all this info be saved if I book mark it, or will it just bring me back to the a blank just answer page?

John Mc :

No it should bring you right back to here.

Here is the link, just copy and paste it somewhere.

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/6efcf-ford-e250-econoline-2000-e250-van-need-fuse-diagram.html