SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
17143921

2002 ford f150: intake manifold gasket..5.4 liter..step instructions

How do I replace the intake manifold gasket on a 2002 ford f150 5.4 liter 4-8  Can you give me step by step instructions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.

I have attached the workshop manual instructions for the intake manifold below

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I get the injector back into the fuel rail?
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.

As long as the o-ring is not damaged, it merely pushes back in! the fuel rail bolts keep them in place! Do you have the injectors out not and cannot get them back in for some reason?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he said he has it all of them connected but one and cannot get it pushed back in.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like the o-ring might be damaged or there is debris in the way! It will need to be closely inspected to find the obstruction!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the information u sent with the diagrams is for a 4.2 liter mine is 5.4....can i get the diagrams for the 5.4

Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about that, wrong file!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bob,on the front passenger side of the intake, is the wall of the coolant port smooth bore?

Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, I do not exactly understand what you are asking! Is the wall of the coolant port smooth bore? what are you referring to as the wall of the coolant?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
apparently the manifold is cracked I guess....he is exhausted and heading home. So I will start pricing and intake manifold. Thank you for your help. I am very satisified.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX!