Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master

ford bronco: 1995 ford bronco replaced fuel pump &gas tank

1995 ford bronco replaced fuel pump &gas tank & fuel filter. bronco now has a rough idle and runs rough when driven with loss of power. replaced spark plugs,wires,cap,rotor.still rough,replaced fuel pressure regulator.still rough. replaced small plastic vacuum lines had leaks.stll rough with loss of power. at a loss, bronco not running like this before original problem of fuel pump. mileage on bronco 146,000 first and only owner. I know history of vechicle.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

Did you check for misfires? can you scan for trouble codes? what did the filter and fuel look like when the pump was changed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
gas was clean,fuel filter seemed o.k. old spark plugs 4 burning good 4 burning a darker black color. have not checked for misfires. do not have access to scanner.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 4 years ago.

You might have some injectors getting clogged. I would try disconnecting the injectors on the vehicle while it is running and see if the rpm changes. It should drop each time an injector is disconnected. If the rpm does not drop when pulling the connector the injector is failing or clogged. You can also check the EGR for leaking or for sticking open from carbon. If EGR is leaking it will cause a vacuum leak and a rough idle.

let me know what you find

good luck