Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F150 XLT: I installed a factory keyless entry Keypad on

Customer Question

I installed a factory keyless entry Keypad on my 2010 F150 XLT (which I purchased truck new). The truck came with a keyless entry code on the card, the wiring was in the door, however the code will not work. I took to ford dealer and they could not get the code out of computer. Is it possible even if it is wired and comes with the code it still does not have the ability to use a factory keyless pad? If it can be how do I explain to dealer tech. In the Module Configuration and Parameter Chart listed below it seems to be some kind of Available Programmable Parameter. I also would like Daytime Running Lights is this an available option on all 2010 models?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

If the dealer could not get a code or notice any function from the smart junction box module then it needs a different SJB with the keyless entry feature if they are unable to program it on..

The daytime running lamps shows to be a programmable feature they can turn on in the smart junction box with the Ford IDS tool.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess I don't understand, if the truck is wired for a keyless entry pad would the SJB be able to except it. The lights on the keypad come on when you open the door, not that this means anything. I'm not sure if the Tech was only looking for the keypad code, would what you sent me in the jpg a different place than where the code is located?

That file just shows that you can turn the keypad feature on and off in the SJB module.

The same goes for the DRLs. You should be able to get this all working the way you want with a little bit of programming at the dealer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After taking my Truck to a different Ford dealer (Athens, Alabama) I found that it is NOT possible to turn on Keypad support on a 2010 F150 XLT that did not come from factory with keypad. The Tech actually let me watch as he went into the SJB to ..Program, Security, keypad support, and a message pops up stating ... Vehicles built without keypad cannot install factory keypads. Yes Keypad support is a parameter in SJB but just because it is there does not mean it can be activated.