Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

My 2003 ford f250 6.0 diesel wont start. Codes p0336, p2290,

Customer Question

My 2003 ford f250 6.0 diesel wont start. Codes p0336, p2290, p2291 came up in the flashpaq and I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump and housing and fuel regulator and it still wont start? Any ideas?"
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-Were there any other codes?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
those were the only codes and we replaced the crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump and housing and fuel regulator and it still wont start. we've already spent $1300 and no one can tell us what these codes mean or what will fix it.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most common cause of the problem you are having is a defective ICP (injection control pressure) sensor. However, before replacing any parts, I always recommend proper testing first. If you need, I can send the test procedures in order to determine the exact cause.

The injection control pressure (ICP) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor. A 5-volt reference voltage provided by the powertrain control module (PCM) is utilized by the sensor to produce a linear analog voltage proportional to hydraulic pressure.

The PCM monitors the ICP sensor signal to control the injection pressure regulator (IPR) duty cycle. The PCM will modulate the IPR based on the ICP signal to adjust the injector timing and injection pressure providing optimum fuel delivery at all speed, load, and temperature conditions.

If the PCM detects an out of range high or low ICP sensor, the malfunction indicator (MIL) is illuminated and the PCM will function from an estimated injection control pressure (open loop control of injection control pressure).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what are the test procedures
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The test procedures are below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

CLICK HERE FOR TEST PROCEDURES