Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford: 95 ranger temperature gauge goes up and down while driving

95 ranger temperature gauge goes up and down while driving but never goes past halfway runs normal radiator is full
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The problem sound very much like you have an air pocket in the cooling system and this will cause the gauge to fluxuate as its doing. It could also be a faulty thermostat. I would start with replacing the thermostat and then bleed and fill the system. If you need thermostat and bleed instruction let me know. I will need to know which engine you have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it warms up a little at idle to half way normal and then when u drive it cools down below normal
That is usually due to trapped air in the cooling system. Have you tried to bleed the system?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, did the water pump about 10 months has een fine radiator still full sense then
Trapped air can make the radiator appear full, try bleeding it once more and if that dosnt work, replace the thermostat.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok give me instructions
Can you give me engine size please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
3.0
Give me just a moment and I will send
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Download HERE and HERE