Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

HOW CAN I BYPASS THE SECURITY SYSTEM IN A 2000 FORD WINDSTAR.

Customer Question

HOW CAN I BYPASS THE SECURITY SYSTEM IN A 2000 FORD WINDSTAR. ALLDATA IS NO HELP, AND EVERY OTHER CHECK HAS BEEN DONE
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

Hate to be the person of bad news but you will have to fix the concern to get it to start. There is no bypass. If there was all the thieves would know and it would not be a very good system.

Steve :

If the theft light blinks rapidly with the key in the on position then try the spare key.

Customer:

THE CAR WILL RANDOMLLY NOT START. FUEL PRESSURE IS O. HOW WOULD REPLACING THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, AS ALLDATA SUGGESTS AS A SOLUTION TO SOLVE THE CODE PROBLEM. KEY FOB DOES NOT UNLOCK DOORS, BUT PANIC BUTTON WORKS. IS THE PROBLEM IN THE LOCKS SIGINAL TO THE BCM?

Steve :

ou have no fuel pressure?

Steve :

this is a different concern

Steve :

you probably have a bad fuel pump in the gas tank if the pressure reads 0

Steve :

sorry this is a very confusing problem you have. What makes you think it is a security concern?

Customer:

WHAT ABOUT THE CODE. ALSO THE VEHICLE RUNS/STARTS FINE AT TIMES. THEFT LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I TURN THE KEY ON.

Steve :

I mean the question you have versus what is going on? Give me details of the concern. Thanks

Steve :

If the theft light is coming on then try a diferent key or the spare key

Customer:

HOW DO WE SOLVE THE THEFT LIGHT. DOES ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM SHUT THE FUEL PUMP OFF?[AS IN SOME OTHER VEHICLES] DO THE DOOR LOCKS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SECURITY SYSTEM?

Steve :

You have several seperat problems

Steve :

the theft light will disable the crank and the fuel injectors but the fuel pressure will be ok

Steve :

the theft light is conctrolled by the chip in the key

Steve :

If you have no fuel; presure seperate concern

Steve :

If the door locks do not work seperate concern

Customer:

WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE SECURITY CODE B1342 TO TRIP?

Steve :

Could be many things. Do you have a spare key?

Customer:

SPARE KEY? YES-DOES NOT WORK EITHER.

Steve :

ok good we can eliminate the chipped key

Steve :

The next thing that is common and goes bad is a receiver that is around the ign cylinder

Steve :

It is not to bad of a price and easy to replace. Replace this and see what happens

Customer:

COULD THAT CAUSE INTERMITTENT NO START?

Steve :

Yes and also I forgot to mention does the check engine light come on when the key is on and it will not start?

Customer:

ALL INSTRUMENT LIGHTS GO OUT WHEN THE IGNITION IS POWERED.

Steve :

you have no lights at all with the key in the on position. Not cranking?

Customer:

ALL LIGHTS ON WHEN KEY IS ON.

Steve :

ok including the check engine light?

Customer:

WE CAN'T CHECK NOW BECAUSE THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS OUT. WE WILL REOLASE & TRY.

Steve :

ok if the instrument cluster is out it will not start and you will get the code you have

Customer:

ALSO THEFT LIGHT FLASHES WHEN KEY IS ON.

Steve :

The instrument cluster needs to be hooked up for the car to start

Steve :

that is because the reciever is bad

Steve :

the way it works it goes through the key to the computer to the instrument cluster to start.

Customer:

WE REMOVED IT TO CHECK CONTACTS, BECAUSE OF B1342 CODEAS PER ALLDATE, AND SCANNER CAN NAT CLEAR IT.

Steve :

if any is missing it will not start

Steve :

You may have a bad cluster

Customer:

IF ANY WHAT?

Steve :

you will have to program the new cluster with a ids from ford to start your ride

Steve :

the way it works it goes through the key, to the receiver, to the computer, to the instrument cluster to start.

Customer:

WHAT ABOUT CODE B1342?

Steve :

If you are getting a hard fault the instrument cluster is bad then it is bad

Steve :

Steve :

Customer:

ANY CODES PRETAINING TO THE RECIEVER, OR COMPUTER?

Steve :

Yes there are reason I am trying to lead youdown a logical diag path

Steve :

But you keep focusing on the code

Steve :

if the code is the concern then replace the cluster and get it programed at a ford dealer

Customer:

SO THE CODE IS NOT PERTINANT, EVEN THOU IT WON'T GO OUT?

Steve :

there are many factors that will cause the problem you are experiencing. the key, the the receiver, the computer that controls the engine, the instrument cluster, If you are getting a hard fault for the cluster then replace it and get it programed the new cluster by a Ford dealer.

Customer:

WILL PUT THE CLUSTER BACK IN AND CHECK THESE ITEMS AND GET BACK TO YOU

Steve :

ok sounds godd good luck

Customer:

SO WE PUT THE INSTRAMENT CLUSTER BACK IN ANDIT STARTED. 6 TIMES. 20 MN. LATER IT WOULDN'T START. ALL INSTRAMENT LIGHTS COME ON WITH KEY ON. 1/2 HOUR LATER IT STARTED UP ANOTHER 6 TIMES. DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS. CAN'T PINPOINT IT TO ONE THING. LIKE I SAID, IT'S INTERMITTANT. THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING PROBLEM FOR THE PAST 2 YRS. THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
your welcome