AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

f250: v8 efi it has a oil leak..looks like its the head gasket

i have a f250 5.4 v8 efi it has a oil leak.i am a car guy who can fix it.it looks like its the head gasket,i got a second oppion .same result.its the right head !!by the ac box.can i re torque the head ?or do i need to r+r it and change te gasket.im a chevy guy.i am going to get a book .maybe there is a oil plug, hose,or ???thats loose ..160,000 miles on it .the leak is on rear py bell housing.is there a MIRICALE ??
Hi this is Al, This is a common issue on this engine and requires replacing the head gasket. Make sure and check flatness of block and head. You can not re torque the head since the head bolts are stretch bolts so they will need to be replaced with the repair. Make sure everything is clean with the repair since they have told us the leaks were caused by contamination in the manufacturing process. I hope this helps, if not let me know, Al