Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.
22388146

1997 f150: 4.6l..find out if my flywheel has 6 or 8 bolts

I have a 1997 f150 4.6l wins vn#1FTDX1765VNA45197 I need to find out if my flywheel has 6 or 8 bolts so I can buy a replacement motor. Is there anyway to find out with out taken the motor out.
Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

2 open recalls give me a few minutes on researching the flywheel.

• OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
  • 98R01 PCV TUBE FOAM INSULATION SLEEVE
    05S28 SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM MODIFICATION

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

I checked with parts and it is a Windsor but they show both 6 and 8 bolt flywheels. Because of the age they can't run the VIN to tell for sure which one it is. The only way will be to remove the engine or transmission and look at it. Sorry.