Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.
also, how are you testing power at injector
2.5L 4cyl checked with ohm meter
just ohm meter? you cant test injector control with a meter you have to use a testlight or noid light. So,, we need a testslight to see if computer is controlling injector and,, we need to unplug that injector, turn key on, probe bot terminals and ONE should have power. have you done any of this
I checked the #1 and watched the reading, but #2 has no reading. I can check with test light.
i understand but ohm test is not the way. Set the meter to DC volts, unplug the #2 injector. test the RED wire with key on. Does it have power?
Give me about 5 min. will check
yes I do have power to the plug
ok, the next test is done with testlight connected between the 2 terminals and cranking, light should blink. hard to do without testlight. A meter will not work for this as they dont react fast enough. Going by your symptoms only, if you feel #2 injector not working, you have power so thats not it. So.. this leaves the computer. the computer controls each injector on whats called injector driver. If #2 injector driver failed? the injector will not works. here is diagram of injectors. If you do have a blinking testlight and injector does not work? bad injector. it cant be anything else
I changed injector this morning. If light does not flash check computer?
if no flash? near 99% its bad computer. the other 1% is wire problem from computer to injector
test light does flash, so thats not my problem
well,, with new injector, injector control working, then you either have compression or spark problem
I have spark, will have to get compression checked. Thanks for the help.