Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

Ford f 150: 1999 ford f150 window problem. The drivers side

1999 ford f150 window problem. The drivers side window (2 door model) works fine. The passenger side window will go down but not up. Is it a motor problem of something simpler?

Hello my name isXXXXX does the passenger power window work at the drivers door or the passenger door only?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tired using the switch on both doors... neither switch (drivers nor passenger side) will make the window go up. I was lowering the window utilizing the switch on drivers side when the problem was discovered.

Prior to this I've not had a problem with either window....
The most likely is the drivers masters switch since it gets used the most generally. If you have a test light check for power on the white with yellow should have power going up and the tan with light blue power going down.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well.... stranger things have happened. While determining the colors of the various wires and which switch they go to a thought occurred to me. Try the "Auto switch". The window went down as well as up. Now comes the stranger part.... the switch on the drivers side for the passenger side window works again, as does the switch on the passenger side.

It's the little things in life that bring happiness... like being able to not only keep heat in the cab on a cold morning, but keep the cold out as well.

Venturing a guess... I should replace the master switch.

Your answer indirectly solved the problem and alerted me to the probable total failure of the master switch.

Yes, I would definately replace the switch, my luck it would go down and then start raining........just my luck though, lol.