normanahoyt
normanahoyt, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am an ASE Master Technician and have worked on Fords daily for the last 16 years
22294968

limited: fmem mode

what is internal control module torque calculation performance error and throttle actuator controlsystem is in fmem mode of forced limited power
Category: Ford
Expert:  normanahoyt replied 2 years ago.

normanahoyt :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you.

normanahoyt :

What that means is that the computer detected a problem in the drive by wire throttle and put it in a mode which limits power.

normanahoyt :

Let me look at the common failures on the 500 and I will post them for you here.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so is it the computer or another source

normanahoyt :

Do you know what the code number was? Pxxxx

Customer:

aa1aa2 and aa3

Customer:

are those numbers right

Customer:

hello???

Customer:

hello??

Customer:

hello

normanahoyt :

No, those numbers are not the OBD2 codes that I was looking for.

normanahoyt :

I will give you a thread that is most likely what you are dealing with:

Customer:

please

normanahoyt :

Whatever the problem is I would start with a cleaning of the throttle body, disconnecting the battery and seeing if your problem goes away.

normanahoyt :

Here is the thread:

normanahoyt :

Vehicle Application:

2006 Five Hundred 3.02006 Freestyle 3.0
2007 Five Hundred 3.02007 Freestyle 3.0

Customer Concern:

The check engine light comes on, then there is no throttle response, codes P2104, P2112, set when this happens. These codes will reset during the key on engine off self test, so the engine does not have to be running for the codes to set.

Average Reported Mileage:
82305

Tests/Procedures:

1. Perform a visual inspection of the PCM harness, see the attached photo for reference.

2. If there is no evidence of harness damage, then remove the throttle body and gently clean both sides of the throttle plate. Any sludge or debris can cause these codes.

3. If cleaning the throttle body has no effect, reference the attached throttle body circuit diagnostic aid and test the throttle body circuits between the PCM and the throttle body.

normanahoyt :

You have one of three things:

normanahoyt :

1: Dirty throttle body that stuck closed and caused the problem

normanahoyt :

2: Bad throttle body that will need to be replaced, and the PCM reprogrammed to the latest calibration

normanahoyt :

3: A harness problem for which I will put the picture here.

Customer:

ok

normanahoyt :

If the problem is 1 or 3 you can deal with it, however, if it is 2 then it should be done by either a Ford dealer or an independant that is capable of reprogramming the PCM as there is a new calibration that needs to be loaded when the electronic throttle body is replaced.

normanahoyt :

Thanks for the question, hope you can locate the simpler fixes and that does the trick. Unfortunately, many have had to replace the throttle body. Having said that I find that many of these replacements might have been avoided but due to the difficulty of proving that the old part is good often they get replaced to avoid problems.

normanahoyt :

Please use the accept feature to complete the process and then please feel free to come back and post your findings as well as seek more help on the same concern.

normanahoyt, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I am an ASE Master Technician and have worked on Fords daily for the last 16 years