SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical

Ford Freestar SEL: I have the pesky "TRAC OFF" issue with my

Customer Question

I have the pesky "TRAC OFF" issue with my 2006 Freestar any time I am moving forward. This occurs as soon as I started moving, 50 feet down the road, 1/2 mile down the road or 10 miles down the road, there is no common denominator. Discovered that the CRUISE Control don't work when the system turned off the TRAC CONTROL. So I brought it to a mechanic and pulled the code C1288 I am aware that it could be one of a few different things, just wondering if you could help me figure out which part is defective.
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.

I suspect that the brake pressure transducer has failed causing this concern! I have attached the workshop manual pinpoint test that would be followed at the dealer to find the cause of this code below! The transducer AKA brake pressure switch is located on the bottom side of the brake master cylinder and is very easy to replace if that is what the problem turns out to be

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks I will follow the process of illimination and let you know what it turns out to be.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 4 years ago.
ok, sounds good. see you soon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, just want to let you know that it was the brake pressure transducer, changed it and everything is back to normal..! thanks