CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

how to change front shocks on ford e 150

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 4 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

Replacing the shocks is pretty straight forward. You will need to jack the vehicle up by its frame so the tires and suspension and hanging and you not jacking the vehicle up by the suspension as it will be very difficult replacing the shocks. Then us a seperate jack and jack up under the front suspension under the ball joints just enough to put a slight pressure on the suspension. Next you can remove the 2 nuts/bolts that hold the shock in and repalce it with a new one. You may need to compress the shock slightly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i get the top bolt off
Can you not get too it or is it just spinning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i cant get to it
Either behind the spring tower or down through the engine compartment. I am sorry but I am trying to find you a good picture but have had no luck so far.