Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Ranger 2000 pick-upXXXXX Need wiring diagram

Need wiring diagram for 2000 Ford Ranger----Shift on the Fly Automatic --XXXXX

Can you mail to this address. Douglas Firm XXXXX Campbell, Ohio 44405 ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

We are not allowed to have personal information from you but I can send them to you thru this site and you can download them and print from here if you want today.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Here are the 4X4 diagrams you requested.

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the schematic. did you get the explanation of my problems i sent? if so do you have any suggections?

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
I only see your request for the diagrams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from start to present: had trk on stands-locked inXXXXXshaft and axle shafts were turning but frt tires not-i spun them by hand but they just roll to a stop-for this part of the problem i need to know what makes the frt axles and hubs mesh? after that the motor on the rear of the transfer case stopped shifting-checked all pins at motor plug and have no power-yes all my fuses are good-my 4 hi and 4 lo lights blink simultaneously 6 times appox every 2 minutes. sounds like multiple problems to me. any suggestions?

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
I would start with scanning it for codes and run thru the pinpoint test as of now you have no 4X4 . See the enclosed pinpoint test.

Pinpoint HERE

Operation Discribtion here

The four wheel drive system is an electronic shift 4X4 system that allows the operator to choose between three different modes. The operator can switch 4X4 HIGH modes at any speed. To engage or disengage 4X4 LOW the vehicle speed must be less than 5 kph (3 mph), the brake depressed, and the transmission must be in NEUTRAL.

The shift motor sense plate, an integral part of the electronic shift motor, informs the generic electronic module (GEM) of the transfer case shift motor and contact plates A, B, C and D position.

The digital transmission range (TR) sensor is located on the LH side of the transmission, and informs the GEM when the transmission is in the NEUTRAL position.

The electronic shift motor is mounted externally at the rear of the transfer case. It drives a rotary cam which moves the mode fork and range fork within the transfer case between the 4X4 HIGH, 4X4 LOW and 2WD range positions.

When the GEM verifies the completion of the transfer case shift from 2WD to 4X4 HIGH (reading the contact plate positions), the GEM will then energize both pulse vacuum hublock (PVH) solenoids (supplying ground for 45 seconds). The PVH solenoid will allow a HIGH flow of intake manifold vacuum to the "wheel end hublocks", engaging the wheel end hubs to the front differential and transfer case to achieve four wheel drive.

When the GEM verifies the completion of the transfer case shift from 4X4 HIGH to 2WD (reading the contact plate positions), the GEM will then energize only one (low vacuum solenoid) of the PVH solenoids (supplying a ground for 10 seconds). The PVH solenoid will allow a "LOW" flow of intake manifold vacuum to the wheel end vacuum hublocks, disengaging the wheel end hubs from the front differential and transfer case to achieve two wheel drive.

The 4X4 shift motor uses a module containing two relays which, under control of the GEM, shifts the transfer case shift motor between 4X4 HIGH, 4X4 LOW and 2WD modes.

The solid state clutch relay is used to activate the clutch within the transfer case which aids in shifting to 4X4.

Feature inputs:

• 4WD mode switch.
  • Vehicle speed signal (transmitted from the ABS module [4WABS only] or GEM [RABS only])
  • Output shaft (OSS) speed sensors.
  • Contact plate position inputs A, B, C, D.

Feature outputs:

• Solid state clutch relay (pulse width modulated signal: grounded when the relay is on, battery potential when relay is off).

Shifts into 4X4 HIGH can be made at any speed. Listed below are the inputs and outputs needed by the GEM to execute a change between any of these modes.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs