Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2001 ford f-150: v..water pump..pin hole in the metal elbow pipe

I have a 2001 ford f-150 with a 4.2l v-6 it has just developed a bad coolant leak from the line that comes from the water pump into the intake the leak is a pin hole in the metal elbow pipe that comes out of the intake it looks like the pipe is made into the intake is this correct or is there a way to remove it to make a repair if so please advise and provide instructions thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Take a look at the enclosed picture and tell me this is the tube your refering to.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this diagram is not showing up very well but if you are pointing to the pipe that looks like 2 inches that is not it the pipe im talking about is elbow shaped about 5/8 or 1/2 inch in diameter goes directly into the manifold from the water pump there is a rubber hose connecting the the two

Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
It the end that is leaking and you are not able to repair then the intake will need to be replaced because the tube is pressed into the manifold. I have enclosed intake manifold instructions.

Click the link below and hit download.

http://wikisend.com/download/360374/A1.pdf

http://wikisend.com/download/394738/A2.pdf