Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 Ford Explorer: the temperature/compass display..Eddie Bauer

How do you repair the temperature/compass display in a 2000 Ford Explorer 4 door Eddie Bauer Limited?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I assume the display is just blank?

What model vehicle is this?

Have you verified you have all the powers and grounds to the module?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the display is blank, although sometimes it will work, then fade out. The vehicle is a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Limited V8. We have not verified all the powers and grounds to the module although both map lights work.

Sorry about asking the model, you wrote that already and I just skipped over it, just a habit of always needing to ask.

You need to use the below diagram and check these 2 wires for power with the lights on and when the key is on, the ground will be fine since the maps work.

graphic

If its non operational and these checks pass then you need to remove the module cover and use a paper clip to touch the solder joints next to the resistors while its plugged in to see if it begins working. Often one or more solder joints break and just need more solder to make a good connection and begin working again. If this fails then a new module is needed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like for my husband to review & try this reply. If he doesn't have any other questions, I will accept the answer.
Sounds perfect, and good luck