Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

2003 taurus: light comes..locks..dome light..unlock..dash stays on

my 2003 taurus door open light comes on , and the locks click up and down and the dome light will come on while i'm driviing, but if i unlock the doors just the door open light on the dash stays on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

Usually this is caused by a sticking door ajar switch. The remedy is to replace the switch after determining which one is sticking by using a ford scanner to monitor the door ajar switches at the time that the concern is happening. I have had some success lubricating the latch/switch with WD40. This is accomplished by using the spray wand on the WD40. Insert the wand deep into the door latch (the switch is mounted to the latch inside the door) between the claws and soak the latch thoroughly. Now open and close the door 10 -15 times to work the lube into the latch and switch. Repeat for all of the doors.