Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F-150 Lariat: Finding the keyless entry code for an F150

Customer Question

Finding the keyless entry code for an F150 for a 2000 Lariat
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is Ron and I am here to try and assist your with your question.

You have 2 options on your 2000, the first place it should be if the tag is still in place is on the Remote Anti-Theft Personality (RAP) module located behind the drivers side kick panel. If the tag is still in place it will be a white sticker with the 5 digit code on it. If the tag is missing then the other option is taking it to your dealer and for a small fee they can retrieve it fro the module with there scan tool.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you get to the kick panel on the F150 Lariat 2000. I took off a panel and i saw something that said viper. Is it that panel you're talking about?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
All you need to do is unsnap the scuff panel by pulling up on it and the pull back on the kick panel and they pop right off.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not there on the F150 2000 Lariat XLT
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Due to the age of the truck it has likely fallen off , the only other thing you can do is have your dealer run there scan tool on it and they can retrive it from the module.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told to follow up with the dealer.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Yes if the tag is missing from the module there is no other way to get the code besides having the scan done to retrive it.