John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

How do you collaspe rear brake caliper piston in 2008 Ford Taurus Ltd

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

Customer:

Great.

John Mc :

On the late model taurus one side screws in clockwise and the other counter clockwise. Use some brake clean on the caliper and there is actually an arrow that shows which way to turn. Leave it to ford huh? If it still won't turn in and you've been trying to turn it the wrong way it is possible the teeth inside are damaged and you will need to replace the caliper. See this all the time. Nice to see somebody retire!

John Mc :

Give me a sec and I'll see which side turns which way.

John Mc :

Straight out the manual.

To move the piston back into the caliper, the LH piston is turned clockwise and the RH piston is turned counterclockwise.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.

Customer:

Thanks.

Customer:

I was trying to figure out how to make sure I copy and pasted your advice there. I'm definitely accepting and appreciate your help. I'm going to go out and give it a go again. Sure was frustrated. I retired in '05 after an brain aneurysm and it has messed with my memory.

Customer:

I'm going to leave this open for a couple minutes in case I have another question on it once I take a look. (Actually I'm the wife typing and he's already out there, has been for a couple minutes. No cussing so far.)

John Mc :

Wow sorry to hear that. Sounds like you doing better if your here working on your car. At least you should have a garage full of tools! Cussing means you're getting something fixed.

John Mc :

Even if you accept you can come back to this page anytime, just bookmark it or save the page to your favorites.

John Mc :

Let your husband know, if he is capable he should apply to be an expert here. This is good work and good extra money.

Customer:

We were both pretty darn impressed when I found this site. And appreciate it.

John Mc :

No problem. When work is slow at the dealer, and it is at this time of year, this is a good alternative. I even have a laptop on my toolbox to do this at work.

Customer:

Holy crap! That is awesome. Actually make money instead of standing around during the slow times.

John Mc :

I can make more on here then at the dealership. And I'm the top tech at my shop.

Customer:

Lordy. First thing I thought (wife) when I saw the site was: Dang, that's smart, do what the docs are doing!

Customer:

And other professions, of course.

John Mc :

Been on here for 3 or 4 years now. It has really made life easier.

Customer:

I think he'll look into it. Heavy line for 25 years at Sanderson Ford in Glendale, AZ.