I have a flashing red light constanly above the clock on my

I have a flashing red light constanly above the clock on my ford focus diesel 54 plate.. And it's doesn't turn over no sound at all I thought it was the battery so bought and fitted a new one!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX light flashing means the computer does not reconize the key, and it wont allow it to start, this is a key immobilizer system, the key has a radio frequency chip in it, so if the computer does not see the d=signal from it, it assumes it is being stolen, and kills the starter and fuel, do you have a spare key to try?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I dont
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
then you will need to have the key reprogrammed, it has lost its programming, the dealer can do this, here we have mobile locksmiths that will come to the car and reprogram it on site, I dont know if the locksmiths in your town do this, if they do, it will save a tow bill to the dealer, but without reprogramming the key, it wont start,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry do you have any idea of how much roughly it would cost to call out an auto locksmith and re program my key?? Thanks simon
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
our local locksmith charges 70 dollars to come out and program, but it may differ where you are at,Tim