John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford F-250 2006 5.4l. engine codes p0174,p0300,p0308,p0174.Runs

Ford F-250 2006 5.4l. engine codes p0174,p0300,p0308,p0174.Runs rough at low speeds.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech.
I hope I can help you quickly and accurately.

Being you have the lean codes and the misfire codes check carefully for vacuum leaks. This is what is probably causing your problems. If not vacuum leaks can be found you may have a bad maf sensor as this will cause the same problems.

If you need me and it says I am not in chat it is ok. I get a message as soon as you respond so I can come right back.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i check vaccuum?
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

You just have to check around the engine where the hoses connect like the brake booster, the evap valve etc. Make sure everything is hooked up and not sucking air. If all ok then go with the maf sensor as it is probably bad.

Thanks,

John Mc

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just replaced maf sensor(not cheap)checked all vac. hoses.no change.
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

You're next step needs to be getting a technician to scan to check data. You need to watch the fuel trim data and also fuel pressure data. This will help to diagnose your problems.

Thanks,

John Mc

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could this be bad/old gas?I have not used this truck alot latley.It ran fine last tues. Last time i got gas was 1 month ago. The engine light blinks at different speeds.
Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

The light blinking shows you have a misfire at that time. You could go with this, replace the number 8 coil and replace the spark plugs. Then put some fuel additive like seafoam in and see if it improves. Use all the gas, run it to almost empty then refill with premium fuel. If it still has a problem you are going to need some more extensive diagnosis, if not you got it fixed!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what cyl is# XXXXX? I had ford replace all plugs about 16 months ago.

Expert:  John Mc replied 5 years ago.

Number 8 is the rear cylinder driver side. Just replace that coil and plug and see what happens.

Thanks,

John Mc