chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

how to Replace 2010 Ford Expedition front and rear Brake Pads

Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

-

Not a complicated system ,

remove the tires

there is two bolts that hold the brake caliper to the hub , remove the two bolts and brake caliper comes off

place a used brake pad on the brake caliper piston ,and then use a C-clamp or very large channel locks to press the piston back into its bore , then remove the old pads ,

install the new pads ,

put the brake caliper back into place

its the same thing for all four brakes

when your done , get in the truck and pump the brakes 5 times to set the pads in place, before you put the truck in drive

thats it not that complicated , no speacial tools

should take 60-90 min to do

we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,

Clarification on a couple things please:

Should I leave the cap off the brake fluid reservoir to compensate for pushing in the brake caliper?

Do I need to lubricate anything?

Thanks,

Bill
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.

yes, that would be a good ideal, leave the cap off the reservoir

and , no you do not have to lube anything , the slide pins have boots over them , but if they do look dry , witch they should not, then you can lube them with brake caliper slide grease, either way would not hurt to do it .

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK last thing, much difference between original ford pads versus after market?
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.

the big thing is noise,, if you get a cheap after market pad it will be noisy , so i would opt to get the best pad they have, short of ceramic bads, from a auto parts store, it will still be cheaper then the Ford pad , and work just as well

Chris

chris, Ford Mechanic