chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

1999 lincoln continental: master..key fob..ignition switch..door locks

i just installed a new driver door window master control switch on a 1999 lincoln continental I programed the keypad with no problem and entered my new door ope n code the 3/4 button unlocks all the doors the 5/6 button opens the truck great, my problem is I can't get the key fob to program I turn the ignition switch on off 8 times fast within 10 seconds leaving it on the on position but the door locks never go up and down so I can push any key on the fob and program it help
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 4 years ago.

Hi there

Sometimes the system gets locked up and you have to do one of two things to wake it up ,,

use the drivers door lock switch and lock and unlock the doors, back and forth acoulp of times, then try to program the fob..

if this does not work , then disconect the neg battery cable for 5 min , then put back and then try to program the remote

we can go back and forth on this page